My health and fitness journey with Olivia Reyland
I’m 25 years old and was born and raised in Auckland, New Zealand. I have been a veterinary receptionist for about 4 and a half years, animals have always been a huge part of my life and something I am very passionate about.
Social media handles :
1. What was it that got you to start your health and fitness journey ?
I had been on and off with health and fitness since I was about 17, when I quit dancing which was my main form of regular exercise. In July last year I was convinced by my friend, Erica, to join F45. I was VERY nervous to commit to something like F45 but little did I know, I would fall in love with it and how exercising regularly would make me feel.
2. What have you loved about it so far, what have been the highs for you?
I think the best part about my journey so far is the way it has made me feel, I feel so much stronger and genuinely enjoy exercise so much more than I thought I would.
3. And what about the lows?
The hardest part for me is the nutrition side of things, I definitely find myself over indulging and have a few bad habits. I know that if I cleaned up my eating, then I could achieve the goals that I want but it has always been a struggle for me.
4. How do you make the time to exercise?
I have become quite disciplined with my exercise because I know how good it makes me feel afterwards. I do my best to exercise 4-5 times a week, fitting it in around my work schedule.
5. What is your go to brekkie?
Either oats or peanut butter toast, ALWAYS with a coffee.
6. What is your go to healthy snacks to fix that afternoon snack attack?
I love smoothies with everything in them! Lots of fruit to make it full of flavour.
7. As we know all food is food, but in context so our readers understand, what is your favourite “treat” food?
Burger and fries for sure! I’m a sucker for a strawberry frosted dunkin donut too..
8. On the weekend what is your favourite active activity to spend some time doing?
I LOVE walking, especially on a sunny day. It makes me feel so happy!
9. Do you prefer a podcast or music when you workout ?
Music for sure, always need a banger playlist to really push myself. Music affects my mood so much and can definitely influence my work out.
10. If you could give our readers some advice from your own personal experience during your health and fitness journey so far what would it be?
Find something you enjoy and something that works for you, don’t look at eating well and exercising as a punishment. I always try to find foods that I genuinely enjoy as opposed to making myself eat something I don’t like just because I know that it’s healthy. I’ve found that I love resistance and HIIT training, so that is the majority of exercise that I do. You’ll never catch me running, I have never liked it so I won’t force myself to do it.
Find some good, supportive people who motivate you and that you can enjoy sharing similar interests with. I love working out in a group setting, I find it so motivating to be around other people who can push me and make the work out fun! I also love enjoying a delicious, balanced platter (and wine) with my girls so don’t restrict yourself of the things you love!
Everything in moderation.