This Teriyaki Chicken Noodle, has been made healthier by taking away your usual noodles and teriyaki sauce and replacing it for something more nourishing and in my opinion better taste!
For the Teriyaki sauce I used coconut aminos, the teriyaki flavour by ROAR, for only NZD $8.99 per bottle, it is a more affordable way to season your meat or vegetables without having to worry about refined sugars and soy (which will drive your tummy pains crazy)!
I replaced the "usual" noodles used in teriyaki noodle dishes and made some good old zucchini noodles, using the hand held spiralizer, which is the easiest/quickest way to spiralize zucchinis.
(for 2 people, or 2 meals)
- 250 grams of chicken tenderloins
- Coconut oil
- 2 courgettes spiralized
- 1 Spring onion strand chopped
- Coconut aminos, Teriyaki
- 1/2 cup/1 cup of baby spinach
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Nutritional Yeast (OPTIONAL)
- In a pan place 1 table spoon of coconut oil.
- Place chopped chicken tenderloins in the pan and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Add spring onion and a good few drops of teriyaki coconut aminos.
- Once all the chicken has been cooked, add the "zoodles" and spinach.
- Serve just how it is or if your "weird" like me garnish with nutritional yeast and some sauerkraut (extra gut health goodies)
- This meal was so easy to make and only took me 15 minutes to cook!