I absolutely love blueberry muffins, nothing beats a nice blueberry muffin straight from the oven, so the blueberries are still warm when you eat them!
These muffins make a great snack in between meals or even before you are about to workout!
With the world the way it is right now, baking wholesome food is be a great way to ensure you are eating well. Ditch the muffin pre mix boxes and use some of your staple baking ingredients to make easy muffins like these ones instead.
1 cup of oat flour (blend your oats to make oat flour or just use scotch oats)
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup of buckwheat flour OR alternatively 1 cup of wholemeal flour, spelt flour (use what you have and will continue to use, don't impulse buy flour that you won't use again)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
⅓ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup honey
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or coconut yoghurt if you are allergic to dairy)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. In a mixing bowl, place all dry ingredients and combine
2. In another bowl place all of your wet ingredients and combine
3. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients using a spatula
4. Spoon muffin batter into 12 muffin cases or a muffin tray
5. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes
6. Leave to set for 20 minutes at least before enjoying one.
Serving recommendation: 1 muffin
(but this will depend on your own personal calorie intake)
Calories: 195 per muffin
Macros: P: 6.0g | Fat: 8.0g | CHO: 28.0g