Andrea is a Health and Fitness Professional and has a passion for helping people to achieve their health and fitness goals as well as keeping herself healthy fit and strong. Andrea currently works as a personal trainer in her own home studio as well as helping women online.
Social media handles:
1. What was it that got you to start your health and fitness journey?
Sick and Tired of not being able to permanently lose weight and keep it off. Felt
like it was getting harder and I needed accountability and a set plan.
2. What have you loved about it so far, what have been the highs for you?
I have loved tracking my food and seeing how many calories are actually in foods
that I was eating a lot of. I love the accountability and seeing the scales drop! I
have enjoyed having a set amount and plan to follow specifically suited to me
and my body and what I require.
3. And what about the lows?
Lows would be trying to manage binge eating, trying not to feel guilty about
eating something ‘bad’ – this is getting better! But the urge to binge sometimes
is still there. And also at times getting frustrated with the tracking when it goes
‘over’ the allowed amount. Also the amount of time it has taken to lose 2kg –
very slowly, but I want to be allowed treats and to live so…. As long as I reach
my goal by 1 st October I’ll be happy!
4. How do you make the time to exercise?
Exercise is easy for me, I make it a priority, it makes me feel so good! It gives me
energy and makes me happy! I make the time, put it in my diary, and make sure I
have the discipline to just do it even when I don’t feel up to it.
5. What is your go-to brekkie?
Either Oats or a Smoothie!
6. What is your go to healthy snacks to fix that afternoon snack attack?
Fruit and peanut butter!
7. As we know all food is food, but in context, so our readers understand, what is
your favourite “treat” food?
Thai Money Bags!! Steamed pork bun, and Whittaker's chocolate! Oh and you
can’t beat an amazing gelato ice cream!
8. On the weekend what is your favourite active activity to spend some time doing?
Spending time with family and friends going for walks
9. Do you prefer a podcast or music when you workout?
Yes! Always listen to a podcast while walking and music is super important when
10. If you could give our readers some advice from your own personal experience
during your health and fitness journey so far what would it be?
Be kind to yourself. Don’t worry about a slip-up, it’s going to happen, learn to just
enjoy the one piece of cake or the pizza or whatever, enjoy it, then move on. Get
professional help! Get a proper nutrition plan and invest in a trainer or classes to
keep you motivated and on track.
Accountability is key!