Updated: Jan 12
Feeling like something a little different to serve with dinner , something different to your usual roast or boiled vegetables ?!?
I love vegetables and personally can’t get enough of them, but sometimes it’s good to mix it up a little and get creative too 1. Give you variety and 2. To just keep it interesting. Otherwise you get bored of having the same old meal with the same old sides time and time again !
This “rice“ salad goes great with any meal and is even a great dish to take along to a pot luck dinner or bbq.
I haven’t used regular rice in this dish, I have used cauliflower instead - keeping it vegetable based , low carb and not to mention tasty!
Cauliflowers are such a diverse vegetable you can use them to make rice like I have for this dish, making a purée or mash instead of other starchy carbs and even using frozen cauliflower in your smoothies to replace banana!
- 1/2 a large cauliflower
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spring onion strand
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 1 small handful of organic dried cranberries
- Fresh Italian parsley
1. Cut up your cauliflower and place in the food processor or Nutri Bullet to create your “rice”.
TIP: Cut up a whole caulifllower, make it all into “rice” and store in the fridge so you have it there to use more than once.
2. In a pan place olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and spring onion. Cook until garlic and pine nuts start to brown.
3. Add the cauliflower rice and mix through the pine nuts, garlic and spring onion.
4. Add the turmeric, cracked pepper and sea salt to season and cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Serve in a bowl with some fresh chopped Italian parsley and dried cranberries.
-This dish makes a great side dish for your meal or even goes great on its own!
Our “Rice” Salad quite nicely accompanied some chicken lettuce taco cups tonight , it was absolutely delicious 😋!