WOW !! Is all I can say to this recipe, this lemon loaf is made with the fresh zest from our lemon tree, aromatic vanilla bean pods and of course healthy alternatives with nutrients for the loaf ingredients.
If you love an old fashioned Lemon loaf then you’ll love this too as the healthier alternative.
Lemon loaf is best enjoyed as a healthy treat or having a slice for an afternoon snack !
1 1/3 cup of almond flour (or you can use coconut flour for the whole recipe if you don’t have almond flour)
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons of lemon zest
1/3 of a cup of lemon juice
1/3 of a cup of olive oil
A few drops of vanilla essence
1/3 cup of raw locally sourced honey or 100% pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons of coconut butter or coconut oil
1 vanilla pod
A generous squeeze of a lemon
3 tablespoons of water
2 heaped teaspoons of honey
1. In a bowl place almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, lemon zest and sea salt.
2. Mix dry ingredients together and leave to one side.
3. In another bowl mix eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract.
4. Cut a vanilla pod in half and scoop out what you can and place into the wet ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
6. Place in a loaf tin or similar and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes on 180 degrees.
7. Take the loaf out of the oven and place to one side to cool down.
8. Make your sweet glaze by putting honey, coconut oil, an opened vanilla pod, a squeeze of lemon and water in a pot. Stir until it slightly thickens and everything has melted.
9. Drizzle the glaze over your loaf and enjoy.
1 slice per day is the perfect portion per person 🤲🏼
Roughly 185 calories per slice