WOW!! Is all I can say about this recipe. This is one that even my partner loved (and that’s saying something, I don’t know why but it is!!)
5 or so minutes to prepare and 8 minutes to cook, this is the ultimate healthier option for dessert when you’re craving something chocolate, warm and slightly gooey in the centre.
We served our warm pan brownie with some vanilla bean coconut yoghurt but if you really wanted to treat yourself a scoop of ice cream would I’m sure go down A REAL TREAT ! Just note that adding ice cream wouldn’t make this recipe paleo or dairy free (depending on what ice cream you use).
This is Recipe is gluten free, dairy free (without butter or ice cream), paleo friendly and refined sugar free !
- 1 cup of pecans, hazel nuts and almonds ground together to make a “flour”.
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- 3 heaped tablespoons of cacao.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or pure butter if you don’t have coconut oil. (Please note using butter does not make the dessert paleo or dairy free)
- 1 egg.
- A few drops of pure vanilla essence.
- Chopped sugar free or vegan chocolate (about 1/3 of a cup).
- 2 tablespoons of coconut yoghurt to serve on top.
- Using my NutriBullet or a food processor blend the nuts and the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Add your wet ingredients to the NutriBullet or food processor, blend and then place it all into a greased small pan.
- Sprinkle your chocolate pieces through the batter and place in the oven at 180 degrees on bake for 8-10minutes.
1 If you want a gooey centre then I would recommend you cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve warm straight out of the pan with some coconut yoghurt.
- Recipe serves up to 4 people , but my partner and I shared it between the 2 of us.....it was just too delicious to share with any more than that.