Its feijoa season right now here in New Zealand, and if you are lucky enough to have a tree in your back yard or a neighbour with one, you'll have feijoas coming out of your ears!
This recipe is super delicious easy and versatile because if you don't have feijoas you can substitute the fruit out for something else like 3 mashed bananas and some grated apple, grated pear and fig, there are so many ways to make these muffins, seriously!
My advice to keep the cost down is to make these muffins using fruit that is currently in season.
3/4 cup of feijoas
1/2 cup of greek yoghurt
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 egg or flax egg
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt
1 cup of oats
1 cup of wholemeal spelt flour
Slices of feijoa to place on top of the muffins before baking
1. In a bowl place feijoas and mash.
2. Add all of the wet ingredients and combine with the fejioas.
3. Once you have mixed all of your wet ingredients well fold in all of the dry ingredients.
4. Spoon muffin batter into cupcake cases or a muffin tray (I use a silicone muffin tray).
5. Place one slice of feijoa on the top of each muffin.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 180 degrees convection oven or bake.
Calories : 90 calories per muffin
Enjoy and don't forget to tag me in your recipe re creations @pwrfit__